In response to one too many Ocala bashing bumper stickers, allow me to introduce Ocala Rocks, a blog born out of love for my hometown and the people who make it ROCK. Here, I hope to share with you the people, places, events, attractions, businesses and everyday sweet nothings that make Ocala and the Marion county area a great place to live. I welcome information on people, places, events and yes even the sweet nothings (stay tuned for examples of what I consider a sweet nothing) that make Ocala great. About myself, I am a "30 something" money saving mom of 3 married to the love of my life and fellow Ocala native for almost 16 years. As a family we enjoy the outdoors, water sports, camping, entertaining, traveling, home improvement projects, and photography. Individually "Ocalimom" enjoys scrapbooking, papercrafts and throwing parties while "Ocalidad" likes model airplanes, motorcycles and most anything technology related. And in case you are wondering I am not ignorant of the current economic situation and joblessness our area is currently enduring however, I am a "glass half full" kind of girl and truly believe if you don't like Ocala, move to Orlando or get off your butt and make some lemonade out those "Ocala Sucks" lemons you've been sucking on! Enough Said!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Why Ocala Rocks?

In response to one too many Ocala bashing bumper stickers, allow me to introduce Ocala Rocks, a blog born out of love for my hometown and the people who make it ROCK.  Here, I hope to share with you the people, places, events, attractions, businesses and everyday sweet nothings that make Ocala and the Marion county area a great place to live.  I welcome information on people, places, events and yes even the sweet nothings (stay tuned for examples of what I consider a sweet nothing) that make Ocala great. About myself, I am a "30 something" money saving mom of 3 married to the love of my life and fellow Ocala native for almost 16 years.  As a family we enjoy the outdoors, water sports, camping, entertaining, traveling, home improvement projects, and photography. Individually "Ocalimom" enjoys scrapbooking, papercrafts and throwing parties while "Ocalidad" likes model airplanes, motorcycles and most anything technology related.  And in case you are wondering I am not ignorant of the current economic situation and joblessness our area is currently enduring however, I am a "glass half full" kind of girl and truly believe if you don't like Ocala, move to Orlando or get off your butt and make some lemonade out those "Ocala Sucks" lemons you've been sucking on! Enough Said!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time. My son & his girlfriend are taking Chloe there next Saturday. I'll loan them my camera (yikes, did I say that?) I want those pics! Gotta scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete