In response to one too many Ocala bashing bumper stickers, allow me to introduce Ocala Rocks, a blog born out of love for my hometown and the people who make it ROCK. Here, I hope to share with you the people, places, events, attractions, businesses and everyday sweet nothings that make Ocala and the Marion county area a great place to live. I welcome information on people, places, events and yes even the sweet nothings (stay tuned for examples of what I consider a sweet nothing) that make Ocala great. About myself, I am a "30 something" money saving mom of 3 married to the love of my life and fellow Ocala native for almost 16 years. As a family we enjoy the outdoors, water sports, camping, entertaining, traveling, home improvement projects, and photography. Individually "Ocalimom" enjoys scrapbooking, papercrafts and throwing parties while "Ocalidad" likes model airplanes, motorcycles and most anything technology related. And in case you are wondering I am not ignorant of the current economic situation and joblessness our area is currently enduring however, I am a "glass half full" kind of girl and truly believe if you don't like Ocala, move to Orlando or get off your butt and make some lemonade out those "Ocala Sucks" lemons you've been sucking on! Enough Said!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Urban's Annual Christmas Tour Last day to visit!

I can't wait to visit something GREAT happening right here in Ocala.  Tomorrow is the last day to check out the Urban's Annual Christmas Tour.  A yearly, Ocala tradition, the Urban's Holiday tour features 10 beautifully decorated rooms filled with Christmas wonder.   This will be my very first visit to the Urban's but for those of you who have been before, I hear it is better than ever this year. 

Proceeds from this event will benefit several local organizations including some dear friends of mine, Tony and Tracey Herrera, who are serving in Haiti with Harvest International.  And if you come for no other reason than this, you simply must come visit so you can experience the very best cupcake you will ever taste.  Another friend of mine is selling baked goods at the home tour to raise money for her mission trip to Haiti and boy can this girl make a cupcake.  The Tropical is a personal favorite. 


So maybe I will see you tomorrow between 1-5pm in the parking lot at Trinity Catholic, we'll be waiting for the bus to take us over to the Urban's to enjoy some holiday cheer (the cost is just $5).  Oh and don't forget the cupcake...your taste buds will thank you!  And for those of you who can't make it...stay tuned...I will be back with full report!

No comments:

Post a Comment